Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm an Aunt!


Proud Uncle
She was finally born! My oldest brother Nathan and his wife Pamela had their first baby last Saturday, February 23rd at 4:35. She is 7lbs 7 oz and 18.75 inches long. She is beautiful and came out with this perfect little round head and head of dark brown hair. Her name is Anastasia Jae Davis. Quite the name for such a little girl. It was great because Pam was induced on Friday and it was my weekend on at work at St. V's so I got to pop up to the 3rd floor quite a bit and say hi and check in. I saw her right after she was born when she was so wide awake. It was awesome and a little weird to see my brother and sister (in law) become parents and my parents become Grandma and Grandpa. Here are the pics I have. The room was dark so the flash had to go off, but I'll be sure to post more pictures soon!


Proud Grandma and Grandpa

Then off to Seattle on Sunday to visit my prego friend Kelly and her husband Jason. Sleep is for the weak! It was great to see the Howers, it's been way too long. Kelly is 28 weeks pregnant with her first little boy, and is also the first of our group of friends to take the plunge into motherhood. She is showing quite a bit and is every bit a cute pregnant person! It was awesome, I got to feel the baby kick. She is due May 15th, and I will become an Aunt times 2, I guess we are packing it all in this year! We had good times eating (Kelly has to feed the baby, and I just like to eat), taking Reuben and Tess, Jason and Kelly's dog to the dog park, going to Kelly's book club, and not to forget the most important, hearing about Jason's theory on his new "time system" ;-) He is convinced that if he has two PhDs he will surely be able to convince people to switch over.


Reuben and Tess


Kelly and I (I will post a preggers pic the next time)

So back to work and then off to Canada with Marcus and Mark on Friday. Stay tuned for a trip report next week! Oh and Reuben makes for a good copilot :-)

The fearless leader ... and ... a few minutes later

No comments: