Monday, March 17, 2008

Smith Rock




So following our return from our second trip to Canada, it was 4 nights on, and then Sunday off to Smith. We picked up Rogue, my brother and sister-in-law's Aussie....aka Reuben's cousin and started our drive. I passed out in typical style to open my eyes to central Oregon. It was an awesome trip full of chill easy cragging and great weather (I was definitely in a tanktop for the majority of both days we were there). It felt so foreign to do out first rock climb of the year. Compared to ice climbing, clinging to nubbins feels a whole lot different than swinging with an ice tool. I'll spare you with a ton of pics of "from the ground up butt shots" but here's some of the dogs. They had a great time. Reuben would watch as Daniel and I would climb and cock his head. Also, Reu in his usualy destroyer style took on a dead tree one stob at a time, and Rogue had a good time swimming in the Crooked River. Either Reuben knew that the Crooked River was nasty or it was his fear that prevented him from getting in over his armpits unless he was forced...let's give him the benefit of the doubt and wait until it's warmer!





Reuben's Dead Tree

Reuben's Cave



Gotta have a pillow...even if it is a rock...
Oops, another butt shot slipped in...Daniel on Lion's Jaw, one of my favorite trad rts. at Smith

No comments: