Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sicky McSickers

A diagnosis! So I had an appt. with my MD on Tuesday the 15th and said I'm tired, I always have a headache, I'm coughing up green stuff, congested, rashy at times, and we know I'm profoundly anemic.....what's going on?? With all of my different symptoms and the way my chest sounded she said I community acquired pneumonia. She gave me some antibiotics and told me not to go to work for a while. I was negative for mono and lupus , so at least it's a very treatable thing. It's a blessing in disguise to know what's going on, so now I don't have to think I'm crazy for feeling so bad all the time. Every night at work I would feel crummy, but not quite enough to justify going home. I'm very excited to start feeling back to normal again! I can finally let myself slowdown and take care of this thing with no more night shifts and climbing trips for a while.

OK....so I've gotta admit I have been going a little stir-crazy at home without being able to climb or do anything active. I'm not used to it at all! Granted, I do love sleeping and I do love my down comforter, Which I took full advantage of by sleeping through the first 4 days and nights, but now that the antibiotics are kicking in (I'm on my second round), it's a struggle to make myself relax. I'm sooo used to getting out of town every week and definitely not used to being sick and laid up in bed. Makes you feel very blessed to be healthy the majority of the time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that doesn't happen everyday. wish you all the best.

Tone said...

Beutiful picture at the top

Daniel & Elisif said...

Thank you to both!